There are a number of jurisdictions across the United States that allow an Option to Workers' Compensation. The primary Option marketplace is Texas, with approximately 80,000 businesses electing to pursue a different route for employee care.
Other Option programs include:
- In 2013, a program was created in Oklahoma. Click here for more information.
- Public entities in Tennessee
- Wyoming allows employers who meet certain criteria
- University of Alabama, Auburn University and other universities in the state of Alabama
- Tiny employers in many states